When a teacher retires he or she has a potential access to a number of income sources to finance the retirement (on top of any savings inside or outside an RRSP):
- RREGOP – Government and Public Employees Retirement Plan
- QPP – Quebec Pension Plan
- OAS – Federal Old Age Security
At Dawson, an entente has been signed by the Union and the College to allow Gradual Retirement, which is a very interesting program for teachers between 65 and 69 who plan to retire within a few years.
Another possibility to set up phased retirement is to opt for Progressive Retirement.
Tool: FNEEQ’s calculator for retirement (french only) is available for download.
- AREF – Association of FNEEQ Retirees
- CARP – Canadian Association of Retired Persons