The Labour Relations Committee (better known by its French-language acronym CRT for Comité des relations du travail) is a standing and permanent parity committee of the College, which brings together the college administration and union representatives. The composition of the CRT is 3 to 7 reps from each party – our faculty representatives are the DTU Executive, the Head Grievance Officer, and 2 elected members of the DTU.
(514) 931-8731 local 4483
teaches Political Science
(514) 931-8731 local 4157
This committee discusses and strives for agreement on all questions relating to the application or interpretation of the collective agreement. CRT meets at the request of either of the parties. Before making a decision concerning the following matters, the College must convene the CRT:
- Teaching transfers, agreements with other institutions, closure of programs;
- Any modification of working conditions resulting from pedagogical and/or new teaching methods and/or teaching techniques;
- Disciplinary measures;
- Vacation periods;
- College exchanges, etc. (see the collective agreement for the complete list).
The College must convene CRT following any dispute submitted by the union or a teacher concerning:
- Evaluation of experience;
- An unfavourable remark or incriminating entry in the teacher’s file;
- The removal of job priority, etc. (see the collective agreement for the complete list).
CRT is convened during the Spring semester to determine the number of teachers to be allocated to each discipline for the following academic year. In the Fall it meets to consider adjustments for the Winter semester.