Schooling and Experience


Upon hiring – From the date that you are hired, you have thirty (30) days to provide documents relating to your schooling. In order to be optimally evaluated you must provide documentation from high school onwards!

Any and all documents pertaining to schooling will be used for the evaluation, including

  • diplomas,
  • degrees,
  • certificates,
  • transcripts,
  • and grade reports.

Normally, the College must issue an official ‘Attestation of Scholarity’ within three months of receiving the documents. Remember that your level of schooling is a major factor in determining your salary, so it is important that the evaluation be correct.
If a teacher is not able to provide a document within 60 days of the college’s request, the college will issue an official attestation based on the documents which it has received – unless the teacher is not responsible for the delay.
A teacher who is not satisfied with the college evaluation has 60 days to make an appeal to the Comité national de rencontre (CNR).

Additional studies – If you continue your studies while working for the college, you must advise Human Resources in order for your level of schooling to be adjusted accordingly. Documentation regarding the obtaining of a new master’s degree can be submitted at any time. The college has 30 days to give its response regarding the impact of the new scholarity on salary. Teachers’ scholarity is re-evaluated twice a year: once on September 1 st for teachers who complete their studies by August 31 st and submit their documents by October 31 st ; and once at the beginning of the 12 th pay period of the year, provided the documents are submitted by March 31 st (Clause 6-1.05).

EXPERIENCE (Article 6-2.00)

Upon hiring – When the college first hires you, you must supply the documents necessary for the evaluation of your previous work experience within thirty (30) days: this includes any work related to teaching or any relevant professional experience of a different nature. These documents and attestations could be in the form of

  • employment records,
  • contracts,
  • letters from employers,
  • and sworn declarations.

If you do not agree with the evaluation of your schooling or experience or if you have any questions regarding the evaluation of scholarity and/or experience, contact the DTU as soon as possible.