Gradual Retirement

Gradual retirement is an entente with the College which allows teachers who want to retire to compensate for the difference in income by working a partial load for a few years.


  • you must be between 65 and 69.
  • you stop contributing to the RREGOP pension and cannot add to the years of service (because RREGOP considers you have retired).
  • you must sign a contract with the college which requires you to resign and take your retirement on or before December 31 of the year you turn 69.

The total value of pension benefits and revenue received from Dawson College can NOT exceed your reference salary.